? ??????????????Never Let You Go? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (5 Ratings)??24 Grabs Today. 8093 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????A Thousand Words? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??23 Grabs Today. 7690 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hear me...

I caught myself wondering on what the definition of strength is. I searched for one that would suffice, and found myself at a loss. Strength can not be defined by how physical you can get, nor can it be measured by the amount of pain you can inflict on others.... Strength is, I believe, the ability to face adversity with an open mind, to acknowledge the fear and still figure out how to beat the odds. Everyday thousands and thousands of people find themselves waking up in the same hell that they fell asleep in and hoped to escape. Countless of women do not have the strength to stand up to the abuser and say ENOUGH! Millions of children go to bed hungry without bein given an explanation on why they have not eaten in days. Men go to sleep crying with the fear that the life they have chosen is going to be the death of them.


My eyes are slowly opening... and pain blinds me already. Like a newborn baby who just opened their eyes and for the first time SEE'S the world that till now has only been heard. I open my eyes and I become aware of the pain that has been surrounding. 65% of children in Africa have been orphaned and are now children of the system. 55% of women in relationships are being accused either sexually, mentally or physically, And only 45% of black men graduate and earn a degree at a tertiary level.


What happened to us being the generation of CHANGE. Will our children be born into a world that we ourselves have managed to taint with, sex violence and no kind of true achievement. The older generations are proud to tell their grandchildren that they survived the civil rights movement, apartheid and world wars. What can my generation be proud of, killing real music and discovering autotunes??? Well I REFUSE to lay down and become another puppet in this degrading world. I want to see the light again, I want to lend a hand to a struggling child, I want to empower a woman who needs to find the STRENGTH within herself to pack up her bag and leave her abusive husband. I don't want to die and jus become another tombstone in the graveyard. I want to make a difference, I need to be heard. I want to make a difference:-)

1 comments:

WriterinLimbo said...

I know that right now all you can see is the pain. But for everything that exists that is painful, there must be something that is beautiful, too, because otherwise the entire world would have drowned in pain. And that isn't so, is it? For every child that goes to bed hungry, somewhere there's a mother who gave up her food for her child. For every woman that's being beaten and raped by her husband, there's another woman (like you), who refuses to let anyone take advantage of her. For every man for whom circumstance and situation prevent him from bettering himself, there's a man who has sacrificed everything for his family, and found peace in his sacrifices. It isn't just enough to see the pain and want to fix it. You have to see the beauty, too, and believe that you can bring the beauty to those in pain. So don't let the pain overwhelm you. To make a difference, you have to distance yourself a bit. If you let the pain drown you, then what have you accomplished? So, Dzue, your own definition of strength might be this: to see the pain, to understand it, and even to embrace it, but to not let it take you, and to triumph in spite of it.